Tuesday 5 December 2017

Day 1 - Collecting the Zoe

You now collect the experience week cars from the Chargemaster "EV Experience Center" in Milton Keynes, which is probably more convenient than their HQ in Bedford, especially as I managed to park my Ampera a walkable distance away. I used JustPark to find a space on someone's drive that had charging.

The Zoe on the experience week is a 2013 car with the smaller 22kWh battery, so some parts of the week I have planned are going to be "challenging". Perhaps naively, I had assumed they would have replaced it with a newer, 40kWh model by now!

However, in some ways it may help, as I am unsure if we should get a used 22kWh and keep just 2 years or a new 40kWh with a view to keep longer.  Trying the shorter range one will help me decide if it would be sufficient, bearing in mind we don't need to use it for longer journeys.

No photo of the collection because I forgot!