Friday 8 December 2017

Day 4 - Todmorden to Wirral

The EVSE worked fine at my friend's in Todmorden, but their electrics are a lot more modern than the mother in law's!

So, Zoe had a full charge, but it was a very cold day in Todmorden with some snow on the ground and temperature barely above zero. That meant the almost 70 mile journey to my friends on the Wirral was too risky without (once again) a charge on the way, especially as even I was going to need some cabin heat. I reflected again on how much easier this would be with a Zoe 40!

I stopped at Lymm services as there are 3 chargers and despite a busy time (530pm on Friday) two were free when I arrived. However, it wasn't long before another Leaf arrived and all three were in use. The slow traffic on M62 had meant I was over 30% full when I arrived and I assume due to the cold weather (zero degress C) charging was painfully slow. In the 45 minutes I got a total of just 11kWh, so very different from a day or two ago!

At least I now had plenty of charge to make it to the Wirral and put turn the cabin heat up!  Lovely!

My Wirral friends have a Zoe 40 and a wall charger.  They had thoughtfully moved their Zoe, so I was able to plug in as soon as I arrived.